Thursday, August 23, 2012

first day of classes: done.

Today was my first day of classes. It started out at 8am when I woke up after an rather interrupted night of sleep (thanks, thunderstorm). Then I sat around getting more and more nervous until 11:30, when I went down and walked down to the Computing Commons, where my MATH 142 class was being held. First college class ever, here we go.

It wasn't what I expected a college math class to be like. In fact, it felt a lot like high school. We all sat at computers and did online math work. I was a little annoyed because I'm not a big fan of online classes, but it wasn't too bad in the end. I met a really nice girl who also has Sociology 101 and my college success seminar class with me. After math, the two of us met up with Derek and went to the MU for lunch. I was actually feeling hungry for the first time in a few days, so I made the foolish decision to get Burger King chicken strips and fries. God, I've been suffering from indigestion for nearly 8 hours now. Not cool.

After lunch, my new friend Ellen went back to her dorm and Derek and I hung out at my dorm for a little while until 2:30, when I headed over to my sociology class. Let me tell you, if my math class felt like high school, sociology definitely felt like college. The lecture hall could seat 435ish people, and it was basically full. Luckily, Ellen and I got seats in the 3rd row. My teacher is wonderful so far. She's from Denmark, she's witty, and the course information sounds extremely interesting. I have no experience in sociology, so I'm eager to learn more.

When class ended, I went back to my dorm to gripe about my stomach pain and get a head start on my math homework. Around 6, me and Dominic met up at the MU so I could try out my meal plan in the dining hall. Sadly, all I could stomach was a few bites of disappointing tomato soup and some crackers and Sprite, but I'm eager for my stomach to ache less, because there's SO. MUCH. FOOD. Later, Dominic and I made a spectacle of ourselves by laughing too loudly at the concept of a cad.

I got back to my dorm around 7:30 and worked on my math some more. Now I can hear people partying and blasting obnoxious music from the second floor outside, while I sit indoors taking notes on inductive reasoning and watching foreign short films about gay couples.

Yes, I am the coolest college kid.

I've got French class tomorrow, and then the glorious weekend. That's all for now!

-Audrey

1 comment:

  1. you are funny. you should go and dance to the music! LOL

    ReplyDelete