It's pretty cray. Today was especially bittersweet because I took down a bunch of things from my walls and cleaned off my bulletin board.
this is the before...
...and the after.
I think the whole college preparation is really the most bittersweet thing. My dad asked me today, "Have you ever been more excited and sad at the same time in your life?" And I really haven't. I keep reading all these lists of things to remember while going into college and I'm so, SO excited. I'm excited to experience all of it, to become a new person and meet people and grow and change and do things I've never done before. And at the same time, I'm sad to be taking down posters and photos and basically my childhood life is being packed away into boxes. I'm sad to leave home, at least a little bit. And I'm sad to see all my younger friends going back to high school and knowing I'm not joining them.
BUT THEN, OH THEN. I think about how fucking cool college is going to be. I have a job on campus, in the field I want to work in (writing) and I mean how many people get to do that as a freshman??!! I'm just crazy excited for everything to start and I can't WAIT for Sunday so I can begin all of this, my new life as an adult.
And then, yet again, I can't help but feel a little melancholy.
But change is good. I'm about to start a journey that I am so, so eager for.
It's going to be awesome. I can't wait to share it with you.
-Audrey
No comments:
Post a Comment