The above is a cell-phone shot of the entire Wells Fargo Arena lit up with cell phones and glowsticks and lighters during the B.o.B. concert last night as part of the Fall Welcome.
Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got of any of the events from Fall Welcome, which is a shame because it was really awesome. First thing was the 9:15am walk to the LL building, where I met all the other English/Film & Media Studies majors in CLAS (college of liberal arts and sciences). I met a really nice girl, and the two of us walked together to Gammage Auditorium, where all the CLAS students were gathered together and the different majors were announced and talked about. Then we were released. They gave us t-shirts!
I met up with my friend Danyel afterwards and we went to get some food. I had a yogurt and some saltines, because my stomach is still acting stupid, and then we walked over to the Wells Fargo Arena (WHICH IS REALLY FAR AWAY FYI and I've walked back and forth from there like 5 times already since I moved in) for the FALL WELCOME CEREMONY THING. It was so fucking cool. All the freshman were packed into this arena and there was so much cool stuff happening. Different clubs performed (such as the acappella girl's choir, who sang Survivor), and lots of inspirational, school-spirity videos played. We learned the fight song, but all I remember is when we say "GIVE EM HELL, DEVILS" and" maroon and GOLD." Oh yes, and the end where we put our pitchforks in the air and say "ASU!!" That's my favorite part.
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for school spirit and the sense of community and I got chills during every one of those cheesy videos. I love ASU already.
After the ceremony thing, Danyel and I met up with Dominic and my friend Molly and her friend and we all got some food at the MU. I had some soup, which was the most substantial thing I'd eaten since Sunday. Then I went back to my dorm to try and nap (but mostly text my parents to complain about my stomach) before the concert.
The concert was not my style of music, but it was still a fun experience. I met some really nice CAs, and I enjoyed walking back to my dorm in the rain afterwards. I did lose my lanyard, but luckily I still have all my keys and stuff.
Today, I woke up feeling fine, but as soon as I started eating I felt nauseous again. I'm trying to eat a small yogurt right now. It's incredibly frustrating to still feel sick after 4 days of being here, but I am trying my best to get food in me so that I can start to feel better.
Anyway, that's all for now. Tomorrow I start classes--yikes!
-Audrey

the fall welcome sounds so cool. i am so glad you like ASU. once your belly feels better you will be loving it even more. :)
ReplyDelete