Saturday, September 1, 2012

What's been going on

I swear I'm not so ghostly pale in real life.

So life has been pretty all right the past couple of days. My job continues to be interesting. I'm learning a lot about AP Style and journalism and just how many people have to proofread something before it's published. It's actually really interesting. I've been checking links, proofreading for typos, and fact-checking. Having a desk job as my first ever job isn't something I'd expected, but it's been a unique and learning experience so far. I'm happy with it!

Classes have been going well. I can finally get to most of my classes without having my face buried in my map the whole time. I'm also pretty positive I've fully recovered from my illness because I eat all the freaking time. Last night at nearly 1am I was eating applesauce and poptarts, and the giant jar of candy on my windowsill is starting to be a lot less full.

I joined a club last night! Dumbledore's Army, the largest Harry Potter club on campus. It seems like it's going to be a really fun club. The leaders of the club were hilarious and awesome. There were a few weird people too, but overall everyone seemed really nice. And they're all Harry Potter fans, which is always a plus.

Hmm, what else can I tell you? I watched the 25-minute promo episode thing for Ryan Murphy's new show, The New Normal, and it is SO GOOD. I highly recommend you watch it. It's on NBC's website, and it's hilarious and sweet and perfect. I'm already invested. And speaking of Ryan Murphy's shows, Glee comes back in 12 days! I can't even tell you how excited I am. I'm refraining from just devolving into keyboard smashing because that's basically my only reaction that will truly express my feelings.

Anyway, three day weekend hooray!!! That's about all I have to say for now. I guess I mostly just wanted to update so my most recent post wouldn't be a sad one. I promise, overall I am enjoying college life. Some days are just a little rough. Being a grown up is weird.

-Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment