Sunday, September 16, 2012

The past few days!

Hey howdy hey, it's been a while. Wanna hear about my life? Ha, of course you do, that's why you're here! So, story time!

Let us start off with...
TUESDAY

On Tuesday, Derek, Danyel, Dominic, and I all got dinner together and then went on a "gallery crawl," aka a visit to three of the on-campus art galleries. Danyel and Dominic are art majors, so they had to do this, but Derek and I tagged along.

The first gallery was all dark and the art was super tiny and detailed ceramic sculptures. That one was my favorite. The other two blur together in my mind to be honest. One of them had a painting that bore a striking resemblance to me!
 What, you don't see the resemblance? Look again!

Seein' it now? That's what I thought too. 

But of course, my favorite work of art was the rather colorful fork display they had for the refreshments:

I am nothing if not cultured. Anyway, after the gallery crawl, we all decided to show Derek the "secret" garden, because he was the only one among us who hadn't seen it. I'd like to point out that the secret garden is neither secret nor a garden, and it's honestly far more impressive in name than in stature. Still, it's worth it just to go down the ghetto, skanky ramp that leads to the garden, if only because going down it for the first time you're fairly positive it will lead to an underground meth lab or a rapist's lair.
Overall, we had a great night, which was nice because the beginning of my Tuesday was pretty awful.

Let's briefly move on to THURSDAY, when GLEE CAME BACK and I was a bundle of joy. My friends Molly and Kaela joined Derek and I at Derek's house to watch Glee, but sadly around 6ish I realized that my throat, which had been a bit sore for a couple days, was now really really REALLY fucking painful. And then I developed a raging fever and the shivers. Still, nothing could keep me from my Glee. Nothing. And despite my illness, I still managed to shriek, flail, laugh, and sob over the episode.

SATURDAY was when I finally began to feel marginally better. I finished my French homework with pride, got a 14 out of 15 on my sociology quiz, and finally forced myself to do some math homework. Then, Derek and Kimi and Leslie and I watched half of The Hunger Games on Kimi's computer before something weird happened and the website stopped working.

Today, I'm finally fever-free as far as I can tell, and my agenda is to clean the sink (ugh) and then go visit my family! That's all for now.

-Audrey

1 comment:

  1. you're funny. and i agree the fork display was awesome.
    is the secret garden the place near the old girls dorms or something? i think we have been there while chillin' with the HSer

    ReplyDelete