My goodness, last night was wild.
Well, not really, but it was probably the most fun night I've had since college started. Let me tell you all about it.
The evening started off with me getting my first ever paycheck!! I left work at five with nearly 100 more dollars than I had before, so that was nice.
Derek came over around 5:40ish and we joined some other friends for a Harry Potter club meeting. It was really fun, but we ended up leaving a little early because we wanted food. Derek and I went with my friend Charity to the MU to get food, and then we met up with my friend Ellen to go do some of the Devils After Dark activities. We went downstairs and played a truly horrible game of pool. I say it was horrible because the only one of us that could play pool was Charity. I couldn't even hit the freaking cue ball with the stick 90% of the time. Despite the fact that Charity and Derek were kicking our asses all over the place, Ellen and I won because they didn't get the 8 ball into the hole they called. I guess that's a thing with pool, not that I know a single one of the rules.
After that, we met up with my friend Molly and her friend Shannon upstairs for...you ready for this? KARAOKE, BABY. It was so so so so SO much fun, even though for most of the time we were there the only other person was some crooning soul-brotha who kept doing R&B songs I'd never heard of (and one rather awful rendition of Don't Stop Believing, but kudos to him for trying). Molly's friends Aydin and Sabrina joined us as well, and can I just say, they're pretty freaking awesome. Derek and I killed it with our fantastic duets, including You and I, We Are Young, and Take Me or Leave Me. Derek also did a fantastic job singing What Makes You Beautiful. I sang Popular from Wicked, Mean by Taylor Swift, and Fighter by Christina Aguilera. It was pretty jammin'.
And holy shit, but Molly and Shannon can belt it. Those musical theatre kids, man. I was blown away. Charity also had a lovely voice, despite her insistence that she couldn't sing. Ellen and I rocked our duet of My Life Would Suck Without You, and Aydin and Sabrina were adorable when they sang Lucky.
After about two hours of karaoke madness, we decided to go back downstairs because bowling was free after 10pm. By this point it was just Aydin, Sabrina, Ellen, Derek and I left. Apparently the bowling alley had so many people on the wait list they wouldn't let us sign up, so Ellen and Sabrina and Aydin started playing foosball and Derek and I went up to the POD market to get some ice cream. We ran into some people from the Harry Potter club there and talked to them for a bit, and then Aydin and Sabrina and Ellen snuck up behind us and gave me about 790,000 heart attacks. We all wandered the POD market for a while after that, talking about Fleetwood Mac, theatre, and Lost, until some time after midnight.
Finally we went our separate ways and Derek headed home around 1:30, because I was stumbling around like a drunkard from exhaustion by that point and it was pretty cray.
I wish I'd taken some kind of visual documentation to share with you guys, but you'll just have to take my word for it when I say it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
-Audrey
sounds like so much fun! :)
ReplyDeleteThe karaoke was a blast. It was probably the best night so far since college started in my opinion as well. I must say I'm so glad Ellen loves Lost and Aydin loves Fleetwood Mac. Thanks for always including me in these fun ASU events!
ReplyDelete