So on Monday my dorm hosted a Dia de los Muertos program, where guest speakers came and taught us a bit about the traditions, and then we ate some delicious bread and painted pumpkins to look like the sugar skulls that are oh-so-famous on Day of the Dead.
That's mine! I think it's kind of cute.
Have I mentioned my costume for Halloween this year? I'm going to be Blaine Anderson from Glee! He's my favorite character. I'll post a picture tomorrow or something.
In other news, I signed up for classes for the spring semester! This is my schedule as of now:
I'm really excited for my ENG 288 class. It's Intro to Workshop Fiction, which means lots of writing!!! Speaking of writing, because I'm crazy I have decided to try and do NaNoWriMo this year! NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. In the month of November, you try and write 50,000 words in 30 days! I have a couple of characters in mind that have been in my brain forever and I'm eager to at least try this out.
Last weekend was really awesome!! On Friday I went to my friend Sarah's house for her Halloween party and our friend Michal showed up from California as a surprise!!! We watched Silent Hill, which was traumatizing, and then later we watch Lilo & Stitch, which was lovely. On Saturday I spent the night at Derek's house and then Sunday we visited my family and then Derek and Sarah and Michal and Dominic and I all went out for dinner at Olive Garden and then hung out at Barnes & Noble and then Sarah's house to watch Kiara the Brave (the weirdest movie EVER ok).
That's what's been going on in my life lately!! Happy Halloween, and I'll write again soon!
~Audrey
your pumpkin is so cute. :) and your schedule looks good. thursday is going to be a LOOOOOONG day 9am- 5pm. eeep.
ReplyDelete